Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Frames and Flowers



Gosh, the sun is shining and I'm sooooooo happy! How great to see that ball of fire. I can hardly wait for the time to change in March. I love longer days.

I guess thinking of the sun is what brought on this bright card for the Queen for the Day on Splitcoaststampers. The queen is Susan aka susanbri and this is the card I cased. I used more white cardstock than patterned paper and because my sentiment is in the frame, I added some pearls.

My frame is a stamp that belongs to my sister (the person with every stamp that has ever been made).
I'm laughing but I think it is true. Thanks, sis! It is a Gina K. Stamp TV image by Nina Brackett. All I had to do was color the flowers, sponge inside, and cut out. I'm not sure if it fit with a Spellbinders die as some of hers do or not. The sentiment is Gina K. Designs. Names are listed below in my recipe.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous week.

Recipe:
Stamps-Gina K. Stamp TV stamps by Nina Brackett/Lovely Labels, Sentiment is Gina K. Designs/Framed Greetings
Paper-PTI white cardstock
Ink-Memento Rich Cocoa and New Sprout
Accessories-Copics, green pearls

14 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Very pretty card! I thought you cut the frame from patterned paper. Love the clean and simple look it looks so elegant. TFS. ~Tami

Carmen S. said...

Hi Benzi,
endlich scheint wieder die Sonne, so wie auf Deiner wundervollen Karte. Du hast die Sonne und die Blumen wunderschön coloriert sehr sehr schön hervorkommen lassen.
Eine schöne Arbeit.
LG Carmen

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! Love the frame and the pop of red flowers! No sun here, yet, but I'm still hoping!

Sindhu said...

Beautiful card Benzi..truly represents sunshine.. :)

Marisa said...

Lovely! Great frame (thanks sis) and the flowers are glorious. Lovely card! How many rooms for crafting does your sister have ;)

Emily Keaton said...

Perfectly elegant and totally gorgeous! I'm so glad you're getting some sunshine today, Benzi. :-)

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and pretty, Benzi! Love that frame and those beautiful flowers! Aren't you lucky to have a sister with so many stamps. Hope she lives nearby. We are enjoying a beautiful sunny day too. They're calling for rain and storms tomorrow so we need to enjoy the sun today!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card thanks for sharing!!!

Carol L said...

I hear you on the sunny days! Our day was filled with brilliant sunshine today and it always puts me in a great mood!
I love this sweet card with those little green pearls! It's so pretty the way the flowers surround the framed sentiment!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Simple and nice card.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh how fun to have a crafty sister and one with such wonderful inventory!

I am a happy girl too when the sun is shinning! This gal is totally solar powered!

Beautiful image! I love the white on white paneling!

Hussena said...

What a beautiful card Benzi ...i still can't get over the fact that the die cut is a stamped one and not Pattern paper ...it looks so lovely:) ..i love the pop of red and the masked sun background you have created ..looks awesome !!

Joanne (jojot) said...

This is the first I am hearing of a sister stamper...how cool that you share a love for the same craft....must be fun to share.....I too, like the others, thought you used dp.....fab card

nwilliams6 said...

I love the colors on this very beautiful card! Lovely in every way. Hugz!