Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #119



This week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge #119 (FTTC119) is hosted by Dee Jackson and she asked that we make a box or a bag or use something pre-made. I love the pre-made paper mache boxes at Hobby Lobby and chose to purchase one of those. I picked up some Ceramcoat acrylic paint in light ivory to paint the box. I then added the beautiful image from the Flourishes Birds and Vines stamp set.
I think this would be perfect to place a lovely gift inside.

The picture below shows the image better. I have used used the Spellbinders Grand Nestabilites Labels 4 to cut the dies and then stamped  my image with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I've used a QuicKutz die to cut out and layer my butterfly. The top layer of the butterfly is black and I cut out a bottom layer with Spellbinders premium craft foil in gold. I added a wide, black satin ribbon to finish (picture above).



Making cards was not included in the challenge but I thought I would make a few CAS cards. The two cards on the right are using the same stamp set as the box. The card on the left has an image from the Flourishes stamp set Swan Lake.  The sentiments I used on all three cards are from the Flourishes Humming Along stamp set.  I really love the classy look in the vintage cream and white, paired with black.
You'll want to check out the blog team designers cards and you need to check out the rules to be eligible to win the prize.

Betty Wright

Cindy Haffner

Dee Jackson

Maki Jones

Silke Ledlow

Tammy Hershberger

Challenges I'm entering:
Simon Says Stamp-Sparkle and Shine (butterfly)
Woodware USA #28- Anything Goes
Wee Memories #57-Stamp It-use rubber or acrylic stamps-I'm using Flourishes

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes Birds and Vines, Swan Lake, and Humming Along
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White cs, PTI vintage cream cardstock, DCWV The Mariposa Matstack   with Glitter and Foil, Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil, Hobby Lobby paper mache boxes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon-A Formal Affair (Michael's), tulle and button from Jo Ann Stores, QuicKutz spotted butterfly shape die, Spellbinders Labels 4 Grand Nestabilitie 

22 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

How BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE your butterfly!!~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful box, Benzi and love the cards to go with it! That butterfly is gorgeous!

Davi said...

A fabulous elegant box Brenda! I love the cream and black. The big ribbon and bow and butterfly are wonderful embellies for your box.

Marisa said...

Love the gorgeous butterfly on the box and the image in the nestie is lovely! Fabulous set of cards too. Gorgeous set!!

Anonymous said...

Benzi, I just love your style - less is definately more. Very very elegant box and cards.

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, brenda, beautiful and elegant box - and those cards are really gorgeous!! What an excellent gift you've made for someone (or yourself)!! Truly lovely! Kathy/101Airborne

Silke Ledlow said...

Brenda, your box and the cards are just gorgeous! A perfect gift for anyone! Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

The box is just beautiful, and Oh MY! Those cards!! I love all 3 of them and can't even choose a favorite! The butterfly is gorgeous and you've really created some wonderful gifts today!

Julie said...

Brenda this is beautiful! I love the butterfly, gorgeous satin ribbon, elegant colors and cas card set! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Christine said...

What a gorgeous set! I love your box, and those cards are fantastic!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, Benzi, these are SO CLASSY!! I love how you decorated that pretty box--and very impressed that you broke out the paint to get it ready. And that trio of cards is so elegant! Such lovely CAS creations. Way to go on this. You've really rocked the house during your Flourishes Guest Designer stint!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Brenda, I have tried to comment before, but explorer would not let me. I am trying again with firefox. Your gift box and card ensemble is just gorgeous! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for guest designing with us this month!

Dawn B. said...

You did a fantastic job here. I love the black and white. You did such a great job with this gift set. Super job..:)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous set !! the box is beautiful and all the cards are amazing :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon says Stamp Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

unfortunately the link on the SSS challenge is wrong which is why we didn't comment earlier ,, the link sent us to the Wee Memories Challenge blog :-)

Elizabeth said...

I love your gorgeous butterfly.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful gift box- I love the B/W with a splash of color on the beautiful butterfly!

Diane said...

Beautiful cards and gorgeous gift box.....very elegant and classy!!

Debbie said...

Lovely black and white color palette ... beautiful butterfly!!!

Bonnie said...

Aaah, Benzi, what a beautiful set. The box is so elegant and that is the prettiest butterfly ever! The cards are all beautiful! I love those images and the black & cream and black and white are so elegant! Great job my friend!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolutely delightful! How I love the stamps you used...
Thanks for playing along with the Wee Memories challenge :)

stampqueen said...

Very pretty box and cards!!

Heather said...

Wow, this is very stunning!! Love the black and white color combo and that die is my absolute favorite!