Saturday, May 28, 2011

Set Sail-Challenges



Ooh, a long weekend for some..hope you're enjoying it. Hubby and I worked in the yard this morning and a little in the afternoon...until we were too tired. Guess where I went immediately when I was through.....yep, the craft room.

I noticed that Joanne at Crazy 4 Challenges-C4C89 wanted a card showing a favorite vacation spot or activity. I don't know which of us likes the ocean better....so I jumped right in and made a card showing a sailboat on the seas.

2 Sisters Challenge Blog #41is Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #50 is use stripes

These are all fun challenges and I also noticed the Inspiration Challenge IC286 today on Splitcoaststampers was inspired by a website called Plate and Napkins, a party supply store.
This is my inspiration.

 http://www.platesandnapkins.com My boat isn't the same color but a sailboat just the same.

Recipe:
Stamps: I have no idea who made my sailboat stamp. It is a wooden stamp and if anyone knows, I would love to hear.
Stampin'Up Stipple Shells
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Parisian Breeze Specialty, Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip, PTI vintage cream
Ink: Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip and Night of Navy
Accessories: Martha Stewart Beach Shell border punch, Copics for water, Spellbinders circle nestabilities, sponge for clouds


16 comments:

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous - love how you cut the sail out and overlaid it.

Marisa said...

Fabulous nautical card! Love the sea shell border up top. Wonderfully done!

Emily Keaton said...

What a fun card, Benzi! I love your sailboat--makes for a great masculine card. And that border punch at the top is terrific. What a really fun one!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

testing...testing....

Joanne (jojot) said...

hope you don't mind....but I am testing again....

Joanne (jojot) said...

YOU are a GENIUS......it works.....and I don't know why....but who cares why.....it's working, thanks to you my friend.....

Anyhoo....(wish I had cut and pasted that long comment...lol)....love this fabulous nautical creation......I can feel the breeze blowing us away from our cares and to the tranquility of the open sea.....

yep....we are both immensely drawn to the ocean....and that is a good thing, my kindred spirit friend

hugs

Davi said...

Awesome card!! I love how you punched the dark shells border and the partially cut out sail boat, it looks so cool. The stripes and shells are the perfect complement!! Oh almost forgot.. So glad you joined us at TT this week:)

Basslady said...

good morning, sweety!

just a little comment, before i leave to church...
your card is brilliant!

i love shell-stamps...and the colour-mixture is so gorgeous!

come sail away with me...you make me want to sail on a river this afternoon..anyone having a sail-boat in germany?...hahaha

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi

Lynne in NI said...

LOVE the colours in this Brenda, and the shells are just the perfect accent. Thanks for the Blogger tip, that's been driving me crazy!

Carol L said...

Brenda, this is FABULOUS! I love how you cut the image so far out of the box, and the punched border is perfect! I love the papers and shell images too! It's the perfect nautical card!!
I hope you're having a fabulous extended weekend :)

Pam~ said...

I love this Brenda! My fav part of your card ... the shells that you added! Another great "feature" on this beauty, the sailboat coming out of the circle! Enjoy your Memorial Day!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is absolutely PERFECT in every way...the border, the shells, the main image....EVERY thing!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Kim said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Shirley said...

Okay, I am a sucker for sea shells, and with your boat, the DP, the colors and the edge, it is wonderful!!

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful card Brenda! Love the great colors and the layout on this!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a PERFECT masculine card, Benzi! Love that little punched strip of seashells.