Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stampin'B's-collage- Hope you like Nursery Rhymes


This may not be what Vicky Gould of the Stampin' B's Design Team had in mind when she asked us to do a collage card this week, but my collage took on the nursery rhyme theme. I have five Stampabilites nursery rhyme theme stamps and had used only one, so here was my chance. Humpty Dumpty is maybe my favorite because of a childhood memory. My brother had a humpty dumpty and when you turned the handle,  it said the rhyme...Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.......I loved it!

I am hoping one of my little grandchildren will be fascinated with this. I may have to make a couple more.
Oh, it's not Toy Story or Cars, etc. so they may have never heard of these nursery rhymes. LOL

Hope you'll join us this week or the 'collage' theme. Just use the inlinkz tool to link on our blog above.

Challenges I'm entering:
Paper Sundaes #70-Pop it Up! I popped up several of my images.

Tip Top Tuesday #35- Use 2 or more stamps on your creation Tip: Never leave your embossing tool plugged in after using. Mine was in a chair turned off, fell to the floor and hit on the 'turn-on- button and came on. If papers had been close by and I had not been in the room, they would have possibly caught on fire.
I Did it Creations-#56-Anything Goes

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampabilities-Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Hickory Dickory Dock, Little Bo Peep, and Mother Goose, Stampabilities Tiny Grid
Paper: PTI vintage cream cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain, and Tea Dye
Accessories: My new Grand Calibur (yea!), Spellbinders Grand Nestabilites Labels 4








13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a cute collage card with all the nursery figures~

Mary Marsh said...

I love this card benzi-its a great vintage collage

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely collage and very nostalgic. a good tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is a neat collage card, Benzi! I like the old fashioned feel to those nursery rhyme images.

Carol L said...

Well you nailed the collage challenge perfectly! I love the subtle colors of all your images. I'll be sitting this one out because creating collages is next to impossible for me, sowwy :)

Emily Keaton said...

This is just the CUTEST, Benzi! What a super idea for a collage card. This card is by far my favorite for this week's challenge. You really did a great job putting it together (looks like lots of masking) and the colors are great. AWESOME work!

Bonnie said...

I always loved Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes! What a great card!

Crystal said...

What a great card, love all the Nursery rhymes. Such a great idea for a card! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Davi said...

Wow Brenda I love the way you collaged Nursery Rhymes!! Such lovely images and the way you layered and used different colors is beautiful. I looks like wonderful old vintage look!!

Jenny said...

Wow! I love the shape and design of this card. Just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in our fun at Paper Sundaes this week.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! that's one hell of a valued TOP TIP! glad you were in the room! sheesh! Fab card too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, and don't forget you still have time to enter our candy & or DT call HERE  hugs Samantha

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a fab kids card, I love how you used the different inks and layered them up. And thanks for your top tip ... though there's no danger of that happening to mine which seems to have been banished to the back of the cupboard, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used it, yet I used to use it on almost every card I made!

Julie said...

This is so much fun Brenda! Love how you made the collage out of the nursery rhyme stamps!